Week Six

First successful glaze test of the semester! No pictures yet, but the tiles look nice. Don't worry you can trust me. Some of the tiles in my tropical blend would work perfectly on the vases I'm making. For my tropical blend I tested peacock blue mason stain, rutile(speckling agent not the colorant), and zinc oxide. The tiles with mainly zinc and rutile were the ones that would work nicely on my vases. However, there is a slip I testes on some greens are that may work even better if it turns out like the photo. If it doesn't turn out like how I want though, I have some backup options.

I've also been working on piecing my cone trees together and they're certainly coming along. I'm working on one now that has a pine needle base and ceramic top. I also have a variety of bulb vases I'm working on in various sizes. I started making smaller vases not only for quantity, but also for functionality. Big vases are nice for bouquets, but if you're like me I usually only use small vases because many of the flowers I get are from the backyard or wildflowers so they have much shorter stems meaning they need shorter/smaller vases to look as beautiful inside as they did outside.


Comments