Week Fifteen

I am pretty pleased with how my pieces turned out this semester. As my ceramic work progresses I notice slightest improvements that I make in the process and craftsmanship of making a piece. The way I included nature through sculptural works and functional vessels has been what I wanted to do all along, I just never figured out how to bring those together until this semester.

My favorite part of the semester has been developing my own glaze to get the exact kind of surface I want for my bulb planters and vases. I enjoyed trouble shooting the many problems I came across and am do glad I stuck with the glaze because I never would have been able to find a glaze recipe that was exactly like it. I wish I had been able to experiment more with the china paint, but I can always return to that in the future.


Comments