Week 12

All of my mugs and vases are glazed and ready to go for the soda fire. I'm anxious to see how the colors will turn out. I put a rainbow of underglazes onto one piece so that I could cover it in clear glaze and see how it does in the soda before I put my forest pieces into the soda. I'm hoping that the piece will work out fine and have some cool variations, but if not the forest pieces might just have to go into a regular firing.

Next class I will most likely have the second smaller forest piece underglazed. I am excited to glaze the larger one because it is more intricate and there are more colors involved. I'm hoping that these three pieces turn into a nice little set at the end of all this.  There is one underglazed forest piece that has already been through it's second firing and the colors are more vibrant than I expected which is something I hope I can keep in the soda firing.

P.S.) that apple from last semester is finally starting to shrink and it's disgusting.


Comments