Week Fourteen

Everything is glazed and ready for china paint. The semester is coming to a close and there is still a lot to get in order. I hope the china paint works the way I want it to and the rest of my glazing turns out nicely. I am a little worried to see what my speckled white glaze comes out like because of the previous tests I had done not turning out. However, there were two problems that may have caused the glazes to come out wrong.

The main issue with my glaze was settling. Everything settled to a thick flat cake at the bottom that went undetected when mixing. The second problem with the first test was that I brushed the glaze on. This made it more difficult for the piece to pick up any rutile and ilmenite speckles. Hopefully, these were the problems and now they are solved and my vases and planters will come out nicely. 

These are some photos of a few random last things made in ceramics of my college career.


Comments