Week Five

Brushing on the cone 6 clear worked! I had a feeling it would, but either way it came out much better than the previous bowls that were dipped. I love the speckles of grey in the white clay as well and the clear glaze enhances that to the max. Originally, I did not want to put a shiny glaze over my vases, but I like how it brings out the speckles. Hopefully, a cone 6 matte will do the same.

I think this is the perfect semester for the glaze calc specifically because Felicia and I selected a cone 6 clay body. It's really nice to have such a wide range of colors and to be able to fine tune these glazes to fit the work. I have never had much luck with the shop glazes in the past because they didn't really suit my color palette. However, now (fingers crossed) I may be able to find all the right glazes to fit my new pieces.


Found a white glaze on glazy that has brown speckles which I'm hoping will look like dirt specks on my vases

Comments