Week Two

I have already made so many things this semester already. I made many abstract trees for my pine needle weaving and I ended up making two sets of mixing bowls for the first project. I made two sets of mixing bowls mainly because I messed up on the first set. When making the first set I messed up the pattern I wanted to go in when the bowls were placed within one another and simply made more bowls so that I could finish off the patterns the right way. The bowls have two different designs. One design has an etching of the grand canyon in the middle of the bowl and the other has various cacti on the outside of the bowl.

These bowls make me wish I had discovered how much I liked sgraffito earlier in my college career. I love to doodle different plants in my free time and I really like the look it has on ceramic objects. I plan to do more doodling on my clay objects this semester. I also made a 20" cone that has three different sections for pine needle weaving. I may even make some bowls with doodling to do some weaving on top of just to see how I like it. It looks pretty good in my head, but we all know how that goes.




Comments