Week Three

I must say that being able to come up with a plan for a 2/3 semester long project is really nice. I enjoy being able to think of things I want to make and simply being able to make them rather than trying to morph them to fit a project. I have already made so many things this semester that were on my list of things to try. For my semester plan I want to create things that have to do with nature, obviously. However, I love the pine needle weaving I have done and would love to continue that. I plan on continuing this with different Sgraffito and drawing methods and incorporating more natural materials rather than just pine needles.

I aim to create projects that incorporate natural materials such as duck feathers, pine needles, reeds etc. I also want to draw on ceramic objects as well whether they are abstract like the cone "trees" I made or utilitarian vessels. I'm hoping that incorporating other natural materials I will come up with new ideas for shapes of objects, colors, textures, etc.


I call these my Bob Ross trees. Happy little trees that need a friend. 

Comments