Week One

Wow, last first blog of the semester. What a strange time in life. It didn't take long to get back in to the ceramics groove this semester. I am so ready to keep making, making, making this semester. I've already made one cone tree thing for my pine needle sculpture I want to make and I plan to make more tomorrow morning bright and early. The first cone I tried to make was pretty much a flop and nothing like how I wanted. I realized after making the first one that I wanted to have a tall and skinny cone rather than a wide and tall cone. This will also be good for the types of pine needles I have. Typically one would select pine needles based on what size of basket they want to make smaller pine needles work for smaller baskets and large pine needles are great for large baskets. Since I only have needles that are 3-5", a tall and skinny cone will work perfectly.

Pine needles also take some prep work and I've attached a photo below showing the soaking and washing part of the process.


Comments