Week 12

Finishing up a lot of projects for the end of the semester. I think I am going to fire my wall pieces and one of my corals to cone 6. The pieces still seem unfinished to me and I have the feeling that if I fire it to cone 6, I'll still get the white I want and it will feel more finished.

I added color to one of my corals, the largest one, and I am pretty satisfied with it. I was surprised that it got into the juried show. My pine needle project is coming along and the only bummer is that I have to wait until the bottom is completely finished to put the pine needles on which makes for a slow process. I am keeping most of the finishing for the bottom at low temperatures to help with the natural aspect, but also because the gas kilns are down. The bowls I made recently will be covered with terra sig. I'm interested in seeing what that will look like


Comments