Week 4

I am amazed at how much can get done in three hours. Most of these tiles took three hours or less. The tile I made today took the entire duration of class, but I really fell in love with the look of it in the end. I will definitely be making more tiles that have a single flower covering the surface like the one I made today. The next flower I will make that covers an entire tile will most likely be a rose, but I will continue to make tiles like the ones I started out with because I think they compliment each other nicely and would enhance the wall display.

When displaying a complex object, such as the peony I made today, I think it is very important to have other tiles around it that are not as busy so the eye can rest. I think this would allow the work to become pleasing aesthetically and visually.

I am also interested in seeing how these pieces look on a wall from a distance as I have only worked with them up close and directly over them.





Comments