Week 14

I have officially glazed everything I made this semester!! The nasty slithering cracked snake suffocating the apple has finally ceased to exist. My projects from last semester to this semester have finally come full circle. The snake has been destroyed in the pit of fire. This is becoming very symbolic very suddenly. Symbolic or not I enjoyed the fact that work from last semester to this semester were able to influence one another. The flowers from last semester turned up again in a more functional vessel this semester.

Next semester I would love to just make a multitude of flowers. I would either like to revisit my hanging idea or the more functional side of the flowers that I have explored this semester. I simply love to make flowers in painting and ceramics. Ceramics seems to be my outlet for making flowers since they never seem to make it into my paintings. Flowers are a piece of me and ceramics makes flowers more enjoyable because of my allergies. However, flowers have always been interesting and they are exciting and fun to make. I would really like to take the time next semester to spend more time with these flowers and really get to know their form and maybe even break them down to compliment my paintings in some way.




Comments