Week 9

I made some polymer clay animals over the weekend so that I could see what they would look like on my tree sculptures. It looks pretty darn cute right now. Let's hope it stays that way through the glazing process of the tree. I really want to continue this style in other ways. I am still trying to think of the type of form that would allow the flowers to stick out a great deal, but still be functional in some way.

I can see these three pieces going together as a set with the larger one in the middle and the two smaller trees to the side similar to what one would see in a candle holder that holds three different candles, similar to the picture below.

I would like to try some slip trailing designs that incorporate flowers on things like mugs and more functional objects. I am unsure of what kind of slip to use though.

Comments