Week 10

I am really interested in seeing what will happen to underglazes in the soda kiln. I painted my tree sculpture with underglazes and will then put a clear coat on and see what happens in the soda kiln. I am expecting the colors to change quite a bit. I expect that the colors will be less vibrant and more muted. However, best case scenario would be for something really cool to happen with the salt and clear glaze that creates a cool effect over the underglazes.

I trimmed three more mugs today along with two goblets and a vase. The goblets were very interesting to make on the wheel. I want to make more that are even better and not off center. I would also like to make them taller, but when I was just starting with these I was afraid to go too tall. It's very silly to be scared of anything when making art. It's always possible to make it again. I usually never get upset if something happens to a piece of my art. My reaction is usually, "Oh crap, I guess I'll have to make another one," or, "I didn't like that thing anyway."





Comments