Week 6

Progress is certainly being made in the still life world. I'm ready to get a few of these project completed so I can use them for my paintings. I started out making mugs and bowls but now I have moved on to plates and platters. I was pretty pleased with how my plate turned out today after I curved the edges more. The plate is rather thick which is something that I will fix in later plates, but I like the design I did on this plate. I think that since this plate is so thick I will take advantage of that and carve the designs in more after it dries more.

I definitely want to work on more platters and get the design issues resolved with those. I like the design of what I did today, but I feel like the shape isn't quite right so I'll be looking into basic platters and how they are shaped to come up with more ideas for the shape of the platters that seem more natural. I also think I might try to weave more bowls like I did the still life last semester, but this time I will use coils instead of slabs and I think it will turn out a lot better this time around.

           

Comments