Week 5

I have conquered one fear of throwing cups on the wheel, making handles. I was always afraid to make handles because of what I had heard about them around the classroom and how much of a pain they are. However, I knew that I wanted to make mugs for the soda fire, so I realized I had to do it and if it doesn't work on this set then I'll try it again on the next one.

However, the handles worked out in my favor. I created seven handles for six different pieces I made last night. There was one vessel that had two handles. I was happy that I was able to create these vessels last night and then get them and the handles to the point where I could finish up the vessels through trimming and attaching handles. I was also really surprised with how my trimming turned out. I'm definitely getting used to it again after being away from the trimming aspect for so long. Hopefully, as I continue to make more vessels the forms and finishing touches will keep getting better. 

I am even more excited to be able to create these forms that I can use within the still life that I will create for my paintings. It will allow the work to be 100% my own in every shape and form. Which would be a really unique aspect to the still life. 

Side Note: The apple is so rotten and disgusting that I'm finally glad to be able to put it to use in the pit fire and have it become a part of another piece of work.
 

Comments