Week 2

A lot of progress has been made this week. I think this relief is coming together nicely. I am concerned about the bridge and cracking so I will have to keep a close eye on it. I'm still trying to decide where to cut the relief to create the tiles. I think I definitely want to cut the sky out from the trees and possibly the bottom area below the bridge.

The color definitely helped the texture settle more so that the eye could adjust. I plan on making more layers with slip. I also want to make things pop out more so that it feels more 3-dimensional.

For the soda firing I think I want to go back to making functional objects so that I can build up my skills with the wheel. I really want to make something large on the wheel. I would like to make something that reaches 12 inches. I would also really love to make a teapot.

I still really like the idea of tiles and I may come back to that later in the semester but in a different way than the first project.





Comments