Week 14

Only two more weeks left in the semester. With that being said there are many things left to finish up. I finished hanging the flowers from the bicycle wheel as you can see below and all that is left is to find a chain strong enough to hang it from. The flowers are very heavy and I haven't been able to find any chains at least not at Walmart or Menard's. Lowe's may be my next destination. I still have to find a place to hang the flowers within Knobview.

These three flowers are the best out of the flowers. I also happen to love that they are primary colors! 
This is the bicycle tire that the flowers are hanging from from a top down view. The flowers are now in a tub waiting to go to Knobview. 
The crochet still life is nearly finished as well. All of the pieces have under-glaze on them and the only thing left is a clear coat. The crochet hooks are very fragile even after they are glaze fired. I don't know how many will be left by the end of these two weeks.
 Side note: Somehow I ended up with 518 flowers, but this is okay because there were some rejects after glaze firing.


The Raku firings are going well. I think my favorite glaze is the copper penny because of how shiny it is. It is literally exactly like a brand new penny. It would be really cool to fire one of my ornaments in this glaze and have so many copper colored ornaments. That is something I am definitely going to do.


The apple that has been sitting in the hallway since the beginning of the semester is so disgusting. I am pretty certain the apple is black on the inside and there are definitely gnats in it. The apple didn't turn out how I thought it would, maybe it just needs more time, but I thought the apple would collapse on itself and cause the snake to fall as well. I'm sure it may fall one of these days if it stays in the glass case, but it's so disgusting that it probably needs to be thrown away soon.

That is the status of all of my projects for this semester. As you can see there's not much left to do besides glazing.


Comments