Week 13

Glazing is almost complete. All that is left is some clear coats over underglazes and then my work is nearly done. The flowers are nearly complete. I just need to find a chain strong enough to hold the flowers up. I tried to lift the structure by myself today after I finished placing the flowers and it is very very heavy. I could barely lift it past my waist. Even with two people lifting it I couldn't get it past my shoulders.
This is something that I will have to figure out once I find a chain. It looked pretty good for the few seconds I was able to hold it up.

My pieces came out of the Raku fire and there are some glazes I like more than others. I wasn't too impressed with the luster as much as I imagined I would be. The copper penny is really nice because it's very metallic. I am thinking about glazing a whole piece in copper penny if I haven't done so already.

There are still a few pieces that need to be bisque for the Raku, but other than that the work is coming to a close.  Now it is time for Thanksgiving break which also means it's time to start on my own crafty projects now that school projects are winding down.




Comments