Week 12

The semester is coming to a close and wet ware cut off is here. This happens to be a very sad fact, unless you're enrolled in ceramics next semester! However, with the pause in creating more works this allows time for completing the projects with glazes and different types of firing.

This semester I have branched out quite a bit. I did two soda fires and some Raku firings are coming up. Aside from firing, I have really branched out on the potter's wheel. As you can see below, today I threw an ornament and a weird chocolate fountain looking thing. These forms took a while to figure out how to do and many YouTube videos later I think I finally understand how to create more complex forms.

To go back further into the semester I am on the verge of finishing my surrounding project with the flowers. I found something very interesting to hang my flowers from and I hope it turns out like I'm imagining.

I plan on making more ornaments and a lot more wheel thrown vessels. I also want to experiment with painting slips onto the form while the wheel is still spinning to create some geometric patterns on the forms and to create more pattern when carving into the clay.

Comments