Week 8

Baskets, baskets and more baskets. There may not be 500 of them, but there are four. I made a new type of basket to go along with the woven baskets. I like to give myself options when it comes to a still life. It's better to have a plethora of options to use in your still life than to have not enough and the still life ends up falling short of what you want it to be.

With that being said I made a basket that had the essence of a raffia basket rather than a reed basket. I really enjoyed the look that was created from the twisted coils. The pattern of the coils somewhat reminded me of the outline of a rose.

Now I have four baskets in total. Two raffia baskets and two reed baskets. I wanted to make more options in case I didn't like one of the baskets or one of them ended up not working out. So the still life will either use one raffia and two woven or one woven and two raffia.

Side Note: I am thinking about putting my flowers in the soda or wood kiln. I think it would be interesting to see the different patterns that would happen when they are fired and the different patterns the firing could bring into the piece when it is hanging.

                              



Comments