Week 10

All of my projects are coming to the final stages. I glazed I don't know how many flowers today and they are sitting in the soda kiln as of right now. I feel as though I fit half of the 501 into the kiln. I think it is safe to say that my hands did not fall off from making the flowers but instead they fell off when loading the flowers into the kiln. I believe that winter is already upon us even though fall technically just started a month or so ago. As I write this now my toes are still frozen solid.

The first project for ceramics, the snake, is most certainly rotted. However, apples are a very strong thing, although completely rotted on the inside the apple is still standing. This point takes a very interesting meaning for the context of the piece. The third project, the still life, is now in the bisque and greenware stage. The last project is the main one that I am focused on now. As you can see below I have made a few animals and a few thrown vessels. I will go back and forth between hand building and throwing to make things for the Raku firing.




Comments