Blog 4

Nature is amazing. For my ceramics project I am surrounding the viewer with ceramic flowers. So far I have made 117 flowers. The flowers range from calla lilies, roses, wildflowers, poppies to a tropical hibiscus flower. When creating these flowers I realized that this is something that would never happen in real life. You would never be in a field of hibiscus flowers with calla lilies there too and roses or carnations. I would simply never happen. This little aspect made me realize that this has the potential to be something magical.

Not only is this project creating a field of flowers that you may or may not have already seen in person but it's creating a unique field of flowers that you never could see in person simply because these flowers live in totally different environments. I enjoy the fact that even though I am relying on nature as my inspiration and source to make these flowers I am still creating a world that is entirely my own.

My next step is to, of course, keep making more flowers. I'm going to keep making more flowers until my hands decide to fall off. However, I have also started thinking about the glazing process and I am still trying to figure out what colors would be best for the many different types of flowers and how to get the best color out of the glazes.






Comments