Blog 3

After a few weeks, the apple is still continuing to rot. You can see in the picture below that the hole the snake is coming out of is really rotting. The hole is turning a dark color and the skin of the apple is wrinkling and the stem has some mold on it. The snake is also beginning to crack. I can't wait to see what will happen when this apple is finally in the final stages of decomposing.

While the apple rots, I have begun working on another project dealing with the same verb used for the first project. The verb is to surround. My inspiration for this project comes from flowers. I love to paint flowers and it's something that comes naturally to me and flowers can be as impressionistic or realistic as the artist likes. However, my allergies do not allow me to get out and smell the roses. I have always dreamed of being in a field of flowers that goes on for miles, but I know that if I was there I probably wouldn't have the best time because of my sinuses. But I have found the solution!

Ceramic flowers. To surround myself with flowers that I can walk through one would have to put the flowers in the air. I am going to create tons and tons of ceramic flowers to create the effect of a field. The flowers will hang from different heights like the heights of normal flowers would vary. The type of flower will also vary. Hopefully this will make my dreams come true and not have to have my nose involved in it at all.

                                                      

Comments