Blog 2

After spending a few more hours on my snake, this project is finally ready for critique. I can't wait to see the snake begin to crack and crumble. Although it takes two whole months for an apple to rot, I noticed that my apple was starting the very very beginning stages of rotting. I began to see brown spots on the skin of the apple. Over the past weekend I had poked a few holes in the top and the bottom of the apple that cannot be seen in hopes that it will rot faster. I then had to make a larger hole when I made the snake look as if he was coming out of the apple.

Once the body of the snake was smoothed and everything was in the right place, I had to pick a texture for the skin. This is harder than you think. With so many different tools that can make so many different textures depending on the way you angle the tool, it was hard to decide. I finally settled on a tool that was shaped like a rectangle at the end and I used one of the corners for the texture. After texturing the snake, I noticed the texture was too deep for a snake so I took a dry sponge and lightly smoothed over some of the scales. After all of that, I think it's finally time for the snake to crack and the apple to rot.




Comments